Sunday, 15 March 2015

DIXON KIHIKA KIMANI



Kenya history kihika kimani Nakuru Laikipia
Kihika Kimani



During his days, Kihika Kimani was a force to reckon with. He was politically indefatigable. In fact, he vied and won in three different constituencies.

I doubt there is any other Kenyan politician who has achieved such political fete. 

In addition, Kihika Kimani is also remembered for being part of the caliphate that sought to obstruct Daniel Moi's ascendancy to the House on the Hill.

Besides, Kihika Kimani served as the Organizing Secretary for the Gikuyu, Embu and Meru (GEMA) Association. 

Koigi Wa Wamwere mentions in his memoirs, I Refuse to Die: My Journey For Freedom, Kihika Kimani is remembered for the formation of Ngwataniro, a land-buying company.

His daughter, the Nakuru County Assembly Speaker Susan Kihika embodies this man's political philosophy. I have no doubt in my mind that she can equal Joyce Laboso.

Looking at Ferdinand Waititu's impertinence, I cannot help but compare him with Kihika Kimani. Hate him or love him, Waititu is an inexorable political force.

After a close look at Waititu's political game plan, I am tempted to think he is a possible Nairobi County or Kiambu County governor. I may be wrong but I know in the course of time, I will be vindicated.

No comments: